What happens when you mix Brett Young, Brett Eldredge, Luke Bryan, a piano and the words to Let's Get It On? Every woman's dreams come true.
Forget the fact that individually, each of those men are musical geniuses. In the middle of Luke Bryan's set, they actually performed a mash up of Ed Sheeran and Marvin Gaye right before our very eyes (and ears). Seriously, can somebody please play THAT again?
The opening performances by each of the Brett's would've been enough for me, but throw in a set by Luke Bryan in a sold out Madison Square Garden and I'm done for. If you've ever seen LB before, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Basically, beer and bathroom breaks are impossible... because hit, after hit, after hit.
Looks aside (well, kind of), highlights from the evening include:
- Every single song
- Discovering a new crush, Brett Young
- Luke tossing beers to the crowd from his Yeti
- Brett Eldredge pouring out his heart during Wanna Be That Song (dude, you already are)
- Luke Bryan on the piano & backup vocals for Brett Eldredge (pretty sure this is when I died)
- Eldredge's mention of a new album (you really do always find a way to mess me up and drive me wild!)
- Learning the emotional inspiration behind Young's You Ain't Here To Kiss Me. Gotta love a man who ain't afraid to share his feelings (but seriously, who's crazy enough to let him go?)
- Wishing I was dancing around on stage during Something I'm Good At
- And this moment:
I literally cannot think of a more good-looking group of men... guess you could say that was my kinda night.
And all you keep trying to do is slow it down, soak it in
Keep trying to make the good times last as long as you can
But you can't, man
It just goes too fast